Read the latest current affairs to know, what events took place around the world. This Current Affairs will be a benefit tonic for the student and candidate who are going to appear in the Competitive exam and other Government Exam. Current Affairs is important to know because most of the question in the Competitive Exam comes from Current Affairs. For the benefit of the student, we have given a PDF file attached to this article so that candidate can save this for future reference. Please Click on the link to download the Current affairs.
University of Houston signs MoU with IIPE
- The University of Houston has signed a MoU with the Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy (IIPE) to build scientific and technical knowledge through joint research.
- It covers key areas of possible collaboration in faculty exchanges, offshore and onshore petroleum engineering and process control systems.
- The MoU also covers possible student exchanges for short-term visits and learning.
Mike & Jack win 2018 Wimbledon men’s double
- Mike Bryan teamed with US compatriot Jack Sock to beat Raven Klaasen of South Africa and New Zealand’s Michael Venus in the final of Wimbledon 2018.
- Bryan is the oldest man in the Open Era to win the Wimbledon title and it is his 17th Grand Slam title.
- Bryan had also won the doubles title in 2006, 2011 and 2013 alongside brother Bob.
MCA to review offences under Companies Act
- The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has constituted a 10 Member Committee to review the penal provisions in the Companies Act, 2013.
- The Committee will review the provisions relating to non-compoundable offenses and recommend whether any such provisions need to be re-categorized as a compoundable offense.
- The committee is headed by the Secretary of Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
MF transactions through Facebook messenger
- HDFC securities announced the launch of Mutual Funds (MF) transactional capabilities on Facebook Messenger through their virtual assistant, Arya.
- This makes the company the first broker in the Asia Pacific region for initiating a social media platform for trading mutual funds.
- This particular feature facilitates a quick overview of total portfolio holdings.
Army, FTII to provide acting courses in J&K
- Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) has joined hands with the Indian Army to provide acting courses for the youth of J&K.
- Renowned actor Gufi Paintal was invited as a special guest faculty to mentor the youth for the course.
- The youth trained by the Army in theatre and art earlier this year also witnessed the creative rendition of the budding artists.
Odisha Govt constitutes Heritage Cabinet
- The Odisha Government constituted Heritage Cabinet headed by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik to preserve the history and culture of Odisha.
- The Cabinet comprises eight members, including the Chief Minister.
- While the Chief Secretary will be Secretary of Heritage Cabinet, Secretary in the Department of Odia Language, Literature and Culture will be the convenor.