Read the latest current affairs to know, what events took place around the world. This Current Affairs will be a benefit tonic for the student and candidate who are going to appear in the Competitive exam and other Government Exam. Current Affairs is important to know because most of the question in the Competitive Exam comes from Current Affairs. For the benefit of the student, we have given a PDF file attached to this article so that candidate can save this for future reference. Please Click on the link to download the Current affairs.
Forbes List Of US’ Richest Self-Made Women
- Forbes released its 4th annual list of US’ Richest Self-Made Women.
- Diane Hendricks, co-founder and chairman of ABC Supply ranks 1st with a net worth of $4.9 billion.
- Indian-origin tech executives Jayshree Ullal and Neerja Sethi were also on the list with $1.3 bn and $1 bn respectively.
- TV star and entrepreneur Kylie Jenner is the youngest to be featured in the list.
Portugal approves new gender change law
- The Portuguese parliament approved a law that will allow citizens to change their gender and name from the age of 16 without a medical report showing “identity disruption”.
- Portugal joins Denmark, Malta, Sweden, Ireland and Norway to become “the sixth European country to grant the right to self-determination of transgender identity.
Canada to command of new NATO training Centre
- Canada has announced that it will assume command of a new NATO training and capacity building mission in Iraq.
- Canadian troops will be deployed in the Baghdad region to help Iraq build a more effective national security structure and improve training of security forces.
- Canada is part of the US-led coalition fighting the ISIS is contributing air power & helping in training Iraqi forces.
AAI partners with govt for Dholera Airport
- The Airport Authority of India (AAI) to partner with the government of Gujarat to build the Rs 2,000 crore Dholera airport project.
- The airport will be the biggest upcoming greenfield city in India under the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) project at Dholera will be built in four years.
- Equity participation between AAI & the govt of Gujarat will be 51% and 49%, respectively.
World’s 1st Colour X-Ray Performed On a Human
- New Zealand scientists have performed the first-ever 3-D, colour X-ray on a human.
- The device is based on the traditional X-ray but incorporates particle-tracking technology developed for CERN’s Large Hadron Collider.
- This colour X-ray imaging will produce more accurate pictures & help doctors give their patients more accurate diagnoses.
- CERN is a European Organization for Nuclear Research.