Read the latest current affairs to know, what events took place around the world. This Current Affairs will be a benefit tonic for the student and candidate who are going to appear in the Competitive exam and other Government Exam. Current Affairs is important to know because most of the question in the Competitive Exam comes from Current Affairs. For the benefit of the student, we have given a PDF file attached to this article so that candidate can save this for future reference. Please Click on the link to download the Current affairs.
BEL signs MoU with Saab for radar
- Defense undertaking BEL has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Saab, Sweden for jointly marketing the L-Band 3D Air Surveillance Radar, RAWL-03.
- Bharat Electrical Limited (BEL) is engaged in the design, manufacture & supply of radars such as like weapon locating, surveillance & communication systems.
- RAWL-03 will be offered in both ship-borne and land-based configurations.
Peru declares the 60-day state of emergency
- Peru declared a 60-day state of emergency on its Colombian border to ensure security from the menace of drug trafficking in a region.
- The state of emergency has been declared in Peru’s Amazonian province of Putumayo, which is separated from Colombia by the river of the same name.
- The president informed the first patrol was carried out by the Peru police and armed forces.
WPI jumps to 5.77% in June
- India’s wholesale inflation grew 5.77% in June, a four-and-half year high, driven by some food items and fuel prices.
- Wholesale inflation rate, measured by Wholesale Price Index (WPI), is a marker for price movements in bulk buys for traders and broadly mirrors trends in shop-end prices.
- The data for the month of April has been revised to 3.62% from 3.18%.
Forbes highest paid entertainers’ list
- Floyd Mayweather with earnings of 285 million dollars topped the Forbes list of world’s 100 highest-paid entertainers.
- Forbes said the world’s 100 top-earning entertainers pulled in a combined $6.3 billion pretax over the past 12 months.
- Akshay is ranked 76th on the Forbes list of the World’s Highest Paid Celebrities 2018 while Salman is on the 82nd spot.