Read the latest current affairs to know, what events took place around the world. This Current Affairs will be a benefit tonic for the student and candidate who are going to appear in the Competitive exam and other Government Exam. Current Affairs is important to know because most of the question in the Competitive Exam comes from Current Affairs. For the benefit of the student, we have given a PDF file attached to this article so that candidate can save this for future reference. Please Click on the link to download the Current affairs.
SC demands new law to stop lynching
- India’s highest court has asked the government to enact a new law to deal with an increase in mob violence and lynchings.
- Supreme Court recommended Parliament to create a new penal provision to punish the offenders and stem the mob-related violence.
- The direction was given by three-judge bench, headed by Chief Justice Dipak Misra and ordered parliament to decide within six months.
WR renames Elphinstone station as Prabhadevi
- Western Railway renamed Elphinstone Road Station to Prabhadevi on Mumbai’s suburban section.
- The station, named after Lord Elphinstone, the Governor of Bombay from 1853 to 1860, is renamed after the local deity ‘Prabhadevi’.
- Elphinstone is the station where 23 people were killed and over 39 injured in a stampede at the railway station’s foot over bridge on September 29, 2017.
Steel Ministry announces pension scheme
- The steel ministry has agreed to introduce a pension scheme for its CPSEs (Central Public Sector Enterprises) like SAIL and RINL.
- The pension scheme is estimated to cost an additional financial burden of Rs 540 crore.
- The pension scheme will be subject to factors like affordability, capacity to pay and sustainability by the CPSEs.
- The current Steel Minister is Chaudhary Birender Singh.
J&K abolishes interviews for Class-IV jobs
- The Jammu and Kashmir government today abolished interviews for all Class-IV posts in the state and the selection.
- All recruitment for Class-IV posts under State, Divisional and District Cadres also for companies, organizations & bodies substantially owned by Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board (JKSSB).
- The decision will speed-up the selection process against these posts.