Read the latest current affairs to know, what events took place around the world. This Current Affairs will be a benefit tonic for the student and candidate who are going to appear in the Competitive exam and other Government Exam. Current Affairs is important to know because most of the question in the Competitive Exam comes from Current Affairs. For the benefit of the student, we have given a PDF file attached to this article so that candidate can save this for future reference. Please Click on the link to download the Current affairs.
EU, Japan sign worlds biggest free trade deal
- The European Union and Japan signed a huge free trade deal that cuts or eliminates tariffs on nearly all goods.
- The agreement covers 600 million people and almost a third of the global economy.
- It will remove tariffs on European exports such as cheese and wine.
- Japanese automakers and electronics firms will face fewer barriers in the European Union.
Right to Services Act repealed in Punjab
- The state govt of Punjab dissolved Right to Service Commission which was created by the former SAD-BJP govt under Punjab Right to Services Act of 2011.
- The act has been replaced by Punjab Transparency and Accountability in Delivery of Public Services Act, 2018.
- The Right to Service (RTS) Act was set up by former Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal to provide citizen services through Sewa Kendras.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Cuba
- The Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto approval for the MoU between India and Cuba on cooperation in the field of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy.
- The MoU was signed on 22ndJune 2018.
- The MoU will enhance bilateral cooperation between the two countries in the areas of Traditional Systems of Medicine and Homeopathy.
Cabinet approves MoU on aviation with BRICS
- The Union Cabinet approved the signing of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) amongst BRICS nations on Regional Aviation Partnership.
- The government aims for the BRICS nations to benefit from the establishment of an institutional framework to corporate in the field of civil aviation.
- The MoU has the potential to spur greater trade, investment, tourism amongst the BRICS Nations.
Dwayne Johnson is highest paid actor
- Dwayne Johnson, with earnings of Rs. 850 Crore has been named the highest-paid actor by Forbes.
- It is also the highest-ever total for acting earnings in the 20-year history of Forbes’ Celebrity 100 list.
- He ranked fifth on the overall list of Forbes highest entertainer list.
- Dwayne earned double the earnings total of $65 million he posted in 2017’s list.