Read the latest current affairs to know, what events took place around the world. This Current Affairs will be a benefit tonic for the student and candidate who are going to appear in the Competitive exam and other Government Exam. Current Affairs is important to know because most of the question in the Competitive Exam comes from Current Affairs. For the benefit of the student, we have given a PDF file attached to this article so that candidate can save this for future reference. Please Click on the link to download the Current affairs.
PepsiCo to help govt in recycling plastic
- PepsiCo India decided to support the government’s implementation of extended producer responsibility for plastic waste bottles in Maharashtra.
- PepsiCo India has partnered with Gem Enviro Mgmt to set up reverse vending machines for the collection & recycling of plastic bottles in the State.
- The company has also piloted a ‘Film to Fuel’ project to convert packaging film waste into fuel.
SEBI to come out with the consultation paper
- The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) will soon come out with a consultation paper on making it mandatory for large corporates to meet one-fourth of their financing needs through the bond market.
- SEBI will discuss with stakeholders before finalizing the framework for corporates.
- SEBI is the regulator for the securities market in India and its chairman is Ajay Tyagi.
Vistara orders jets from Airbus & Boeing
- Vistara, a joint venture between Singapore Airlines and Tata Sons, on Wednesday said that it has placed a firm order with both US planemaker Boeing and European aircraft manufacturer Airbus worth $3.1 billion.
- The move is taken as an expansion of its domestic network and to mount medium to long-haul flights on international routes.
- The current CEO of Vistara is Leslie Thing.
Spiritual leader Dada Vaswani passes away
- Dada Vaswani, spiritual leader and head of the Sadhu Vaswani mission, passed away at the age of 99 in Pune on 12th July.
- Dada Vaswani is known for actively promoting vegetarianism and campaigning for animal rights.
- Vaswani had initiated a global peace initiative,‘The Moment of Calm’.
- His birthday is also observed as World Forgiveness Day.
Connaught Place: 9th most costly location
- According to the report of property consultant CBRE, New Delhi’s Connaught Place is the 9th most expensive office location in the world with an annual rent of $153 per sq ft.
- The ranking was topped by Hong Kong at the 1st position followed by London.
- The survey highlighted that prime office occupancy cost growth was consistent across all regions in the past 12 months.